5 Sources for Patent Law News
Patent law professionals need to stay up-to-date on the quickly changing landscape of the intellectual property law field, but where can you get a concise daily summary of the biggest events about patent and IP law? Patent law blogs will certainly report on some of the patent-related news and important current issues, but these blogs usually focus on a single aspect of patent law, such as analysis of US patent cases or biotech/pharma patent cases. Patent law professionals will need a more well-rounded source of daily IP law news, either in the form of a news feed for intellectual property law articles or a daily summary of major IP news events. Here is a list of five reliable sources for quickly locating a broad range of current IP and patent-related news articles:
- Bloomberg/Businessweek - Both websites post an identical daily summary of major intellectual property news. Since the Intellectual Property sections for the Bloomberg and Businessweek websites are a few days behind on listing the most recent articles, it is often easier to simply search Google for “Bloomberg intellectual property” to find the latest daily summary.
- PriorSmart Patent and IP News - The PriorSmart patent search site offers a daily patent and IP news feed that includes USPTO weekly statistics, new patent litigation, recent patent-related tweets, and recent patent/IP blog posts. Users can also view an archive of news listings for past days, dating back to August 2009.
- PatentPal Toolbar - This toolbar was created by a patent attorney and offers a wide range of useful research tools for patent law professionals, including a drop-down menu of RSS feeds for popular patent law blogs and the latest USPTO news and announcements. The toolbar also offers a constantly updated feed of patent-related job announcements, organized by both geographical region and professional field.
- IPInsiders Toolbar - This toolbar, created for patent searchers, contains multiple drop-down menus linking to intellectual property office news feeds (mostly EPO and WIPO), the latest tweets from IP-related Twitter accounts, updates from popular IP and patent law blogs, and updates from tech news sources.
- Patent Resources Group on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn - The PRG Facebook and Twitter accounts both post unique IP and patent law-related news stories on a daily basis, covering both US and international intellectual property news. The PRG LinkedIn group posts discussion topics twice a week on current intellectual property law issues. Also follow these accounts to stay up-to-date on the latest PRG patent law courses and patent bar review courses available across the US.
You can follow Patent Resources Group through a variety of social media sites, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Wordpress. Stay updated on the latest intellectual property news, courses, and educational resources.